Re: Paradise!

Robert L Bass wrote:

> You assume wrong.  They order from the same distributors as everyone
> else.

Their prices are better than yours which tells me they're probably
buying product at a whole different level from you.  And wasn't it you
who once wrote that you sold more equipment in a single day than most
dealers do in a month (and then provided the wonderful testimonial to
"Search-Fit" that stated your store was barely getting by and you
weren't even drawing a salary during that same period)?  What a maroon!

> When an order comes in it's drop shipped.

Their prices are better than yours.  And they're not selling product
that's no longer available.

>  They have a smaller
> website because they don't spend the time building it up.

They have a "smaller website" because they've decided to concentrate on
the customer and on service.  They're also BBB members.  You couldn't
become one if you offered to pay triple the annual fee.

> No problem.

For them, no.  For you, yes.  Their "ranking" is a tad higher than yours
at the moment.

> That's their choice.  I like having a search engine target the size of
> Texas insted of a pie plate.

Your search engine ranking is dropping faster than the gas gauge on my
Aviator.

>> In fact, most reputable Dealers do that for the very same reason...
>
> You wouldn't understand reputable if a dealer (it's not a capitalized
> word) ran over your foot.

And "aileron" isn't spelled "aeleron"...  anywhere.  You, of course,
will argue differently.

> Then again, with one in your mouth and the
> other up your own butt all the time that's not likely to happen.

I figure you're probably more familiar with that sensation than I will
ever be.

>> After all, you can't be an "expert" on every panel.
>
> I don't have to be.

Of course not.

> The vast majority are so similar that most
> questions can be answered without even referencing the manuals (of which
> my collection is second only to Jim Rojas').

Uh-huh...  I'm sure it is...

> When a client needs an
> answer I don't already know I look it up, the same as the doctor does
> when trying to figure out what's going on in that head of yours.

I figure my doctor's probably the one that reads the "Dick and Jane"
books in his waiting room.  Even the kids that come there read "Time"
and "Newsweek".

>> Heck...  when it comes down to it, you're not even an "expert" on Napco.
>
> I guess Napco disagrees with you.  They twice ran stories on my
> installations in their dealer newsletter.

Yes, of course!!  The famous Newsletters with more installation fairy
tales from the mind of the great alarm guru "Bassnick"...  Someone once
said:  "Don't believe everything you read".  I figure that should be:
"Don't believe anything Bass writes, says, sells, or promotes."

>>> I was curious about that so I called.  They have a nice answering
>>> machine.  :^)
>>
>> Oh??  Two things.  First, it's their "dime" (i.e. a toll-free number).
>
> I had toll free numbers for several years.  What I found was that lots
> of folks would call to chat about various systems.  They'd sometimes
> spend as much as an hour on the phone.  I decided to experiment with
> it.  I tracked the average call time and the average purchase per call
> for a couple of months with and then without toll free numbers.  What I
> discovered was that the "800" numbers brought in added sales but not
> enough added profits to justify the cost. Also, when people are paying
> for the call themselves it acts as a filter to el;iminate many of the
> casual callers who aren't really buying.

Translation:  You can't afford a toll free line.  You can't afford the
Nextel phone.  You can't afford a good email server.  "Dad" had to give
you his house (which you promptly mortgaged).  Is it true what they say
about the price of real estate in Florida??  You paid a buck for your
place.  That must mean it's now worth fifty cents.

>> and second, at least the phone gets ANSWERED...
>
> The answering machine is a dead giveaway that the "company" is a
> sideline business of a small installer with no one in the office during
> the day.

As opposed to a "sideline business" of a big blowhard installer wannabee
with no one at home during the day...

>> A few people have posted here trying to contact YOU...
>
> I remember.  Several such posts were from one of your idiot pals --  not
> a customer.

Uh-huh...  Right...  And the guy that filed a complaint at the BBB about
the battery *your* "drop shipper" sent him in error??  Was that one of
"my" idiot pals too??

>> They complain all they get are "busy signals" and when they do finally
>> get YOUR answering machine...
>
> Wrong again.  I don't have an answering machine.

Heh...  You're such a liar, Bass.

>> they can't leave a message because the "mailbox is full".
>
> Answering machines are also not "mailboxes."  The posts were nonsense.

I don't doubt it at all.  After all, you're the most honest, trustworthy
and upright individual it's ever been my pleasure to meet.

>> Emailing you is equally useless...
>
> I've already warned you to stop sending me email.  I'm not interested in
> your BS.

Check.  Thank Gates for spam filters.