Paradise!

After 3 perfect days in Rio we flew to Salvador for some R&R.  The
weather has been perfect -- it rained in Rio the day we left but we
haven't seen any rain at all in Salvador.  The temperature has been in
the low eighties mostly with a calm sea breeze every day.

We brought a family friend with us this time and she can't believe the
marvelous food here, not to mention how incredibly friendly the
Brazilians are.  Today we're taking everyone -- even our housekeeper
-- to a beach resort about 35 km north of Salvador.  It's one of the
most picturesque beaches in the area.  I'll post links to pictures
when we get back to the states.

Speaking of the US, we'll be home a week and then I'm off to the
Amazon for some amazing fishing.  Sorry Bob L couldn't make it.
Friends who've just returned from the same area told me they were
landing trophy peacocks by the dozens.  I'm not sure but I think
there's a new IGFA record.

OB: ASA -- The new additions to our alarm store, www.BassBurglarAlarms.com,
are doing well.  Even with me out of the office sales have been
excellent.  We're about to add a new distributor with a major line
card.  Once they make the product feed ready our online store will
grow from its current 107,000 products to over 200,000 security, fire,
access control, whole house audio / video and CCTV systems.  At its
current stage our website is one of the largest online security ands
custom home electronics stores in existence.  Once the next phase is
done it will be one of the largest online stores of any type.

We've hired another person to help with product maintenance.  Soon
we'll add a third person in customer support (there are two at
present).  I'm still doing tech support and some sales.  Next year two
friends who are retiring from lengthy careers in security and CCTV
work will join our team.  Once they're up and running I plan to "semi-
retire," spending more time developing our other business and
traveling.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass