Re: Paradise!

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:3jtYi.188839$th2.102048@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robert L Bass scribbled frantically:
>
>> True.  They seem to have about 100 or perhaps 150 products.  We
>> have about 105,000 products.  I assume they're nice folks though
>> I've never met them.
>
> I assume they keep the catalogue of products they sell small so
> they can offer better service...

You assume wrong.  They order from the same distributors as everyone
else.  When an order comes in it's drop shipped.  They have a smaller
website because they don't spend the time building it up.  No
problem.  That's their choice.  I like having a search engine target
the size of Texas insted of a pie plate.

> In fact, most reputable Dealers do that for the very same reason...

You wouldn't understand reputable if a dealer (it's not a capitalized
word) ran over your foot.  Then again, with one in your mouth and the
other up your own butt all the time that's not likely to happen.

> After all, you can't be an "expert" on every panel.

I don't have to be.  The vast majority are so similar that most
questions can be answered without even referencing the manuals (of
which my collection is second only to Jim Rojas').  When a client
needs an answer I don't already know I look it up, the same as the
doctor does when trying to figure out what's going on in that head of
yours.

> Heck...  when it comes down to it, you're not even an "expert" on
> Napco.

I guess Napco disagrees with you.  They twice ran stories on my
installations in their dealer newsletter.

>>> but then I'm sure their customers can at least reach them via
>>> their toll free number...
>>
>> I was curious about that so I called.  They have a nice answering
>> machine.  :^)
>
> Oh??  Two things.  First, it's their "dime" (i.e. a toll-free
> number).

I had toll free numbers for several years.  What I found was that
lots of folks would call to chat about various systems.  They'd
sometimes spend as much as an hour on the phone.  I decided to
experiment with it.  I tracked the average call time and the average
purchase per call for a couple of months with and then without toll
free numbers.  What I discovered was that the "800" numbers brought
in added sales but not enough added profits to justify the cost.
Also, when people are paying for the call themselves it acts as a
filter to el;iminate many of the casual callers who aren't really
buying.

> and second, at least the phone gets ANSWERED...

The answering machine is a dead giveaway that the "company" is a
sideline business of a small installer with no one in the office
during the day.

> A few people have posted here trying to contact YOU...

I remember.  Several such posts were from one of your idiot pals --
not a customer.

> They complain all they get are "busy signals" and when they do
> finally get YOUR answering machine...

Wrong again.  I don't have an answering machine.

> they can't leave a message because the "mailbox is full".

Answering machines are also not "mailboxes."  The posts were
nonsense.

> Emailing you is equally useless...

I've already warned you to stop sending me email.  I'm not interested
in your BS.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass