Re: AT&T 8000

"Pop" <pop@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:op.tr6cn3y7us0dxv@xxxxxxx
On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:59:52 -0400, Mark Leuck <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Pop" <pop@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:op.tr4pn6qjus0dxv@xxxxxxx
>> got an AT&T 8000 alarm system.  the main battery went bad and I replaced
>> it.  The low battery for the Central Control won't reset.  How do I
>> reset
>> the low battery for the CC.  It starts beeping every day.
>>

> Press Messages until it displays all troubles then Clear Display to erase
> then Test/Demo to exit
>
> However that system is so old who knows if it'll reset

it's a classic =;).  yea, tried all that.  tried user test mode [code &
off, then hold test button ], installer test mode [code & off, then press
test once and all 4 buttons at same time], powered up and down, with and
without battery hooked up.  no luck.  I'll give it a few days to
straighten up then I'll replace it.  Goodbuy old friend ATT8000, were
gonna miss ya after 20 years of flawless duty.  snif.  Don't suppose thos
old transmitters wok with any thing else?  pobably ont.

The sensors work with an 8300 and if you are lucky you can get an 8600
external receiver that would allow it to work with any hardwired system

Best damn panel ever made, the gods wept when AT&T discontinued it, far
better than anything Moose ever did