Re: AT&T 8000

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:59:52 -0400, Mark Leuck <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrot=
e:

> "Pop" <pop@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:op.tr4pn6qjus0dxv@xxxxxxx
>> got an AT&T 8000 alarm system.  the main battery went bad and I repla=
ced
>> it.  The low battery for the Central Control won't reset.  How do I  =

>> reset
>> the low battery for the CC.  It starts beeping every day.
>>

> Press Messages until it displays all troubles then Clear Display to er=
ase
> then Test/Demo to exit
>
> However that system is so old who knows if it'll reset

it's a classic =3D;).  yea, tried all that.  tried user test mode [code =
&  =

off, then hold test button ], installer test mode [code & off, then pres=
s  =

test once and all 4 buttons at same time], powered up and down, with and=
  =

without battery hooked up.  no luck.  I'll give it a few days to  =

straighten up then I'll replace it.  Goodbuy old friend ATT8000, were  =

gonna miss ya after 20 years of flawless duty.  snif.  Don't suppose tho=
s  =

old transmitters wok with any thing else?  pobably ont.