Napco Gemini P9600 - User code/area problem....

I'm setting up my second Napco Gemini P9600 system and running into a
very strange problem with the user codes: no matter what I do, when I
try to arm the system it tells me "CODE DENIED. INCORRECT AREA".

The problem is.. I only have 1 Area and I've checked 200 times that
the user codes, zones, and keypads are all in Area 1.  I've tried
wiping the system and starting from scratch, tried blanking all the
user codes via Quickloader and rebuilding them.  Nothing helps..  I've
verified the area configurations via direct address programming just
to be sure on the keypad. It's all looks fine.

I never had this problem with my other P9600 system from a few years
back... They just worked..   Could it be a bad firmware? I've got V60A
in this new panel.  Everything else works fine..

Thanks for any insight,
Rob D.