Re: Special Window Protection

No matter what, nothing will be a perfect fit for this application.  However
with the ideas given I will at least have some additional thoughts to
present to the customer for him to consider.  At this time I think he will
choose that which HE will see as best for HIM.  Since he is a retired
mechanical engineer I feel he may consider a choice that it the least PITA.

Thanks to all.

If I'm interpreting this correctly ...with this method, if you should
open the window too far, the magent will come off and you'll have to
remove the screen to re-attach it.

And I thought you said that you didn't think the client would like to
limit how far he could open his windows.

I'm not sure what is meant by "use a stay to stop wind causing false
triggers" . If it's a teather/chain/string etc. that limits how far
the window can open ...... then the only difference between the two
methods is that now you've got "two" chains on the window with the
possibility of having to remove the screen to replace the magnet.

If limiting the opening of the windows is acceptable .......
I'd think that actually attaching the magnet and switch on the window
at the appropriate spacing on the hinge side,  as I suggested, would
eliminate the magnet coming off and having to remove the screen to
replace it.