Special Window Protection

Hello All,

Looking for some special brain juice flow on the following.

I have a customer that has a number of Vertical Casement Windows (meaning
that they are about 28" wide by 60" high and pivot on the side and have a
crank at the bottom to open thru some gearing).

They would like to protect these windows while they are O-P-E-N at various
angles.  The windows presently have the roll up screening installed for a
bug retardant on the inside.  It is kinda like a window blind but with
screen and secure track on the edges.  The windows are at ground level.

I have about tapped my idea bank and came up empty on a solution.  I even
suggested that they NOT leave the windows OPEN but that raised eyebrows a
bit.

Anyone ever made ??something?? work in this type of application??

All ideas are welcome since it may spark another.

TIA

Les