Re: Special Window Protection

Les,

You said the word yourself... screens.  You
can have alarm screens custom made for
the windows.  They're not *too* expensive
though they certainly cost more than magnetic
contacts.  I've worked with Safe-Vie Security
Screens for many years.  They do an excellent
job.  They're in Cranston, RI.  Here's their
phone number: 401-946-3340.  Ask for Chuck.

For those who don't already know it, alarm
screens have a thin wire woven into the fabric
at the mill.  The security screen firm uses the
existing frame or builds a custom frame to fit
the window.  Typically there is a magnetic
tamper switch near one corner of the screen
and a concealed pigtail routed into a corner
diagonally opposite the tamper.  The connector
is completely hidden when the screen is in
place.  Any attempt to remove or cut the screen
will trigger the alarm.  An End-of-Line resistor
can also be hidden in the screen to trip an
alarm if someone tries to short the wires.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics