Re: CO2 Placement

On Mar 8, 10:00?am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> It's also a protected product, you have to be trained and licensed as a DED
> tech, they won't just sell them to any old knight.

Yes, the training is really unique. The factory reps rented a training
room at a local motel, in one of those seminar rooms without any
windows. They set up the DED's around the room and they handed out
these little head lamp devices for us to wear, so we could see how to
adjust direction and range. When you're right up close to the array,
you can't see a damn thing. Then when you turn on your head light it
affects the range, so it's "on" and "off" with the head lamp until you
get it set right. Walk testing afterwards is really simple though.

Obviously, you can just stand out side of the protected area and see
the perimiter of the dark area.  However, just as with the infra red
arrays they use on CCTV cameras ..... Don't believe the specs when
they give you the range. If they say 50foot range, the best you can
expect is about 30 feet or so.

They let us keep the head lamps as a promotional give-away, along with
a little adjustment tool kit. Nice.