Re: CO2 Placement

The recommended height is 5 feet above the floor ("breathing height," according to one manufacturer).  Place a detector outside each
bedroom and consider placing one near the furnace if it's gas fired.  The same applies to fireplaces and other places where
combustion air has the potential to mix with room air.

Some manufacturers recommend against placing CO (not CO2 by the way) detectors inside bedrooms due to problems with aerosol
propellant (hairspray, for example).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass