Re: ASI Internet Communicator

newb wrote:
> Anders wrote:
>

>> Using a mail server adds a lot of config. Many ISP's block
>> outgoing port 25, so you would have to configure each unit
>> with server, login credentials AND the destination email address.
>
> yep
>
>> The mail server(s) becomes just as much an "xtra dedicated site" as
>> what AZS has.
>>

> one I'm already paying for.
>
>> We've arrived at a similar architecture as ASZ, although we built
>> it into our controllers directly and also moved the whole config UI
>> out to our hosted web servers, so no need for any client software -
>

> so this roc will forward alarm panel communications over phone, cell, or
> net?

The ROC is a controller in itself. It's built for technical/industrial
alarm applications. It's not intended as an add-on for a burg panel,
but we have one application where a panel maker asked us to interface
to a serial port on their system and suck out the reporting data, which
works of course, but is a bit overkill...
The technology we have developed would be perfectly suitable for a
burg panel though, and since we have our roots in the burg industry,
we hope to apply our technology in a panel someday -- just looking for
an opportunity :)

</A>