Re: fbi xl-4500

On Jun 27, 9:27?am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> worse...these guys didn't even use tape or beanies on connections above the
> ceiling tile...bare wires just twisted together. The doc got up there and
> put some temporary tape on the connections that were shorting out to the
> grid.
>
> Lick 'em and stick 'em morons

Sounds like a system I got involved with a number of years ago.

My next door neighbors son does contracting for institutions. He was
involved with a job for a day care center for the children of
attendees at a local college. Since it was a "government" job, the
electrician was chosen on the basis of being a minority company. That
is, it was owned by a woman. They did the electrical and also did the
fire and burglar alarm. Used an FBI 4500. One burg zone for entry exit
door. All the rest of the twenty openings and motion detectors on
another zone. Fire was two smoke detectors and a couple of heat
sensors. No strobes, no pull stations, no horns. Obviously, it didn't
pass "anyones" inspection so they called me as referred by my
neighbors son. I was absloutely speechless ( and you know how hard
THAT is to accomplish) when I saw the job. They asked me to write up
what was wrong with the system. I said I'd have to charge them for
that and that it would be more cost effective if they just let me bid
on a new system. They agreed. Although I installed the system,
ultimately I had to walk away from the job because they couldn't get
anyone of authority to take on the limitation of libility clauses in
my monitoring contracts and I wasn't about to let the money get in the
way of caution. I got paid for what I did because I was working for
the contractor and he signed the sale contracts. I didn't get the
monitoring. The were really exasperated and totally shocked that I
wouldn't monitor their account with a contract that made me lible for
anything that happened. The institutional mentality.   Every time I
drive by the day care center and see the fire alarm box on the outside
of the building I smile.