Re: IR Illuminators

Day/night doesn't mean day/pitch black and a day/night camera will still
need a certain amount of light to perform even when in the "night" mode.
Most inexpensive LED illuminators don't perform as advertised, since a low
light or day/night camera needs less light to produce an image then a poor
performing illuminator will yield the best results on a camera that needs
the least help. So the vendor is right in a sense, but what he should have
said "you need a low lux camera to take advantage of the piss poor
illuminator I've just sold you"

Doug