Re: IR Illuminators

Well, there you go.  Now I'm thoroughly confused.

I have several day/night cameras, some really cheap, one is somewhat
expensive.  They work great.  But I also have some very expensive high end
cameras, such as the Sensormatic Speeddome Ultra VII, and the Axis 213 which
are not day/night, at least not automatic day/night.  These are the ones I
need the extra illumination for.  What would I need illumination for on cams
that already have day/night?

I bought an IR illuminator on ebay thinking that I could use it with the
Speeddome Ultra VII inside my house so that my daughter could not sneak back
to her room after being out half the night, but I can't see squat because
it's so dark.  It has 48 LEDs, but doesn't illuminate worth a damn with that
camera.  I tell the seller, he says "you need low lux camera to take
advantage".  That's like giving Dolly Parton a boob job if you ask me.