Re: No Serial Ports on Notebooks

According to the Continental Rep, the Napco version is a light version of
the CA 3000 software that can only support the 2 door (Super Two)
controller. If you are a Continental dealer you can get the full version
cheaper by buying it direct from Continental rather than buying the Napco
light version over the counter. The latest version of the Continental 8 door
panel (Turbo Superterm) now has the add on NIC option so you don't have to
screw with a Lantronix adapter. The 8 door controller design is older than
dirt and we seldom have problems with them so it would be silly to use
software that won't talk to it when you need that many doors. If you're not
a Continental dealer and you do access work with regular over the counter
stuff like Topaz, Northern N-Star, KeyScan, Kantech then (except for
badging) Continental is a better choice than any of those feature wise and
price wise (when you purchase their kits).