Re: Cox ARRIS Touchstone

Here's what we found;
Its a black box, powered by nearest ac outlet and plugged into nearest telco
jack and nearest coax outlet. They cut the feed from the old SNI so only
dial tone is coming from their interior feed. In doing so they cut us out
since we are feeding from the old SNI.

The box is called Arris Touchstone "Telephony Modem" and has two RJ11 telco
jacks on it, one USB (the small side of USB like what would be on a camera)
a RJ45 that is labeled Ethernet (but is not used) and it has a small battery
backup inside. The whole unit looks like an overgrown cable modem.

When we backfed their signal back out to the SNI and fed everything that way
through our alarm, we got our seizure back and the alarm transmits without
any problems. BOTH jobs we did today were like this.

PITFA though. My clients will collect from Cox especially since Cox said
they did NOTHING to effect the alarm system when they did by cutting the
wires at the SNI.

"Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| One thing is certain, it isn't PSTN (POTS). I never thought I'd miss the
| good old days.
| > Ill find out saturday. This guy swears it's not voip, and that voip may
be
| > future option.
| >
| > I'll let you guys know what happens.
| >

| > "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
NOT
| > | VoIP
| > |
| > | Crash let me clue you into something....
| > |
| > | THEY ALL SAY ITS NOT VOIP!!
| > |
| > | I guess it's a marketing thing to try to differentiate yourself from
| > | everyone else
| > |
| > |