Cox ARRIS Touchstone

Looks like VoIP, smells like Voip...why are they (they=Cox) telling people
that alarms are no problem on this thing?

The first one I tripped on (almost literally) because they cut the incoming
lines at the SNI then installed the ARRIS box under a BED on the far side of
the house. It's plugged into the Coax outlet, the AC and also a telco
jack...I think they're back-feeding the house phones that way...FREEKIN'
WHY????

Alarm does not transmit over it.