Re: Cox ARRIS Touchstone

Welp, it's an old house but it probably had at least 3 pr (Im hoping) and
telco is not home run, so all I have to do is change the output of the
Touchstone box to a spare pair and backfeed it to the SNI then reconnect my
seizure there.

First I'm gonna run a temp line from panel to this thing and see if it will
transmit over it, then we'll tackle the rest of it.

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|> problem there would be if the client
| > moves the Touchstone box to another
| > telco jack...
|
| If you only need one line there's a simple solution.  Make up a short
connector that swaps R/G for B/Y with a male plug at one end
| and a female jack at the other end.  Connect the phone device through this
dongle to any telco jack in the house.

| Connect all of the B/Y pairs from telephone jacks (not from the RJ31X
though) together at the old SNI location.  Connect the B/Y
| bundle to the R/G from the RJ31X at the SNI.  Then connect the R/G bundle
(as usual) to the Y/B return feed from the RJ31X at the
| SNI.
|
| This way, no matter which jack the client plugs his phone device into the
line will be fed through the RJ31X and out to the rest of
| the house phones.
|
| Possible problems are (1) if he later decides to add a second line he'll
need those Y/B pairs and (2) if he ever forgets to use the
| dongle the alarm will work but there will not be any line seizure -- not a
good thing.

| It's not perfect but if your client is reliable about using the dongle
it'll provide reliable line seizure.  That is no guaranty
| that this type of phone service will work for alarm transmission.  That's
something you'll need to test for yourself.