Re: Cox ARRIS Touchstone

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Just got off the phone with Cox, they say that Arris Touchstone is NOT VoIP
> (although it looks like it). Tech said it?s a just a SNI..NAT NAU( something
> with an N) that is INSIDE the house instead of outside. The outside ones
> were dying in the heat. BUT if that?s true I dunno how the hell we?ll get
> seizure since they plug it in anywhere in the house and backfeed the lines
> that way. AND it runs on AC with a small battery backup built in. If it gets
> kicked out of the telco jack we?d be done?same if there was a long power
> outage.
>

> I?ll know more on Saturday when we try to fix #1 if we get that working we
> are off to #2. This will be a BIG problem as Cox is saying they are
> replacing ALL outside digital phone interface boxes with this new thingie.

hopefully there will be an extra pair that you can use to feed the panel
first and then the house phones from there.  you may have to follow the
wire from new demarc to old demarc  and make sure you have continuity on
that extra pair. may have to benie that extra pair together at each
phone jack till you get back to the RJ31X feed.  ain't it fun?