Re: DCS Power 832

Yes, thanks for putting things back on track. And I apologize once
again to anyone who may have been offended by the tone of my post last
night. In thinking about what was said, I think I may have been overly
affected by the number of letters I get from people who have suffered
as a result of alarmco's refusal to unlock a board. It happens all too
often, but yes there are two sides to the story. And I'm glad for the
poster in question that all worked out well for him.

This morning, I went through a large pile of received and saved mail
and pulled out 26 separate instances of where this sort of thing has
happened in the last six months. I will quote you the exact text of the
last message, not because it is unique but rather typical. Personal
information is excluded for obvious reasons.....

And I quote....

"Hi, please find enclosed an older DSC 2550 revision 6 version 1.31
locked board. I recently purchased a house through a bank (foreclosure)
with an existing alarm system but was never given the passwords to set
new alarm codes nor did the bank know of any. Everything functioned
correctly except I couldn't arm or disarm since I never knew the former
owners codes. When I approached the alarm company for the codes
explaining the situation they simply wouldn't help me unless I signed
some kind of 1-2 year contract despite their confirmation that I owned
the alarm system out right. I was able to set everything back to
factory default except the installers lock out. As it stands the alarm
only serves as a glorified door chime since with the board locked out I
can't reconfigure / redefine the zones from the default setting. I've
enclosed an $X money order for the return shipping . If its at all
possible can you make every effort to have it unlocked and returned
before the holidays. I may take advantage of the few days off to
re-install the system...Thanks...etc "

If I may seem overly sensitive on this issue, the above is part of the
reason.

Regards,

RHC