Re: Napco 2600 question

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:45cd5b8d$0$1407$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So in a state of panic the housewife can only think of arming the with
> their
> 3 to 5-digit code hoping the siren will scare away the intruder when they
> kick in the door a few seconds later instead of hitting the 2-button panic
> which will cause the siren to go off immediately scaring the intruder
> before
> they even get close to the door?

it always amazes me how some homoaners want to reinvent the wheel.  I'm sure
everyone here has lost a sale because the potential client wanted the system
to do something irrational from our perspective.  I want an alarm that can
turn on the motions in stay and turn them off in away mode.  or what ever!
No that is not how security systems work.  Well you find one that will [fill
in the blank] and I will buy it.  Then we wrack out brains trying to figure
out how to do some of the crazy stuff they come up with and then wonder if
it's going to be worth our while to cobble something together or are we
better off just walking and finding some more "normal' customers.