Re: Napco 2600 question

On Feb 10, 1:08=EF=BF=BDam, Western Alarm <inva...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Leuck inspired greatness with:
>

> >"Western Alarm" <inva...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Jim inspired greatness with:

> >> Scared housewife sees the 'fish' rummaging around the backyard during
> >> the afternoon, knows an attack is imminent. =A0Wants protection from
> >> 'kick in' immediately.
>
> >So in a state of panic the housewife can only think of arming the with t=
heir
> >3 to 5-digit code hoping the siren will scare away the intruder when they
> >kick in the door a few seconds later instead of hitting the 2-button pan=
ic
> >which will cause the siren to go off immediately scaring the intruder be=
fore
> >they even get close to the door?
>
> >Umm no
>
> The 'fish' may be a meter reader. =A0It's peace of mind we are selling.
>
> It's not an out-of-this-world scenario, is it?

Yeah ....kinda

Like, that might happen once it 100,000 or more installations. Why
would anyone in that situation even remember that they could arm their
system with an instant no exit delay mode?  And besides, it would
simply set off the alarm with the hope that it would cause your crazed
garbage sorter to stop, and if it didn't the central station would be
simply ringing the phone for a pass word and if not answered they'd
merely dispatch as a burglary.

The way Napco sets it up is that there is an exit delay, so that
should someone be leaving the prem and wants to arm the system in the
instant mode but be able to leave ..... they can do it. Which is a
much more likely scenario than someone rumaging in the garbage and
thinking that the technophobic lady of the house is going to remember
that she can arm the system in an instant - instant mode, rather than
the plain old vanilla instant mode and that it's not easier to push
the panic button. And *thats* even hoping that she remembers that
pushing # and * is the panic button! I think she'd probably head for
the phone to dial 911, first.
=EF=BF=BD

> You can keep smart-ass comments to yourself if your only goal is to
> incite argument.-

Oh and keep in mind that your  "Jim inspired greatness with:" comment

sorta inspires a likewise smart ass reply ...... too