Re: online DMP dealers?

"Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> you the brownstone nyc guy?
>
> you have a 485 in a house?
>
> ok only 4 keypads but what else...what other devices are using addresses or
> are you running expanders on the LPX bus??
>
> the 200 supports 8 device addresses so if you're using 4 for your kpds and
> you have say 4 x 714's or 1 x 16 zone zone expander then your
> finished...unless you know some tricks.
>

> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> | > Do you know if you even can add a keypad to your system? There's some
> | > programming to be done and there are limitations on how many keypad
> | > addresses and device addresses are being used with what keypad.
> | >
> | > What panel?
> | > How many keypads now?
> | > How many and what device addresses are currently in use?
> | >
> | > Depending on your answers, you may not even be able to add one.
> |
> | I have a DMP XR200-485 panel which can support up to 16 keypads though
> | I currently only have 4 installed. I know how to program the
> | keypads...
> |
> | Thanks

I have 3 16-zone zone expanders plus each keypad of mine provides an
additional 4 zones. So technically I have:
        8 zones (XR200-485 panel)
        48 zones (3 expanders)
        16 zones (4 keypads)
        72 zones

Of those, I currently have 51 zones in use which give me 21 more
available.

I believe that the keypads and the zone expanders are on the LX bus so
they don't use up a zone.