Re: Napco 2600 question

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:30:19 -0600, "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>"West Alarm" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 7 Feb 2007 16:24:57 -0800, "Atomb" <atomb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >So every time I arm the system  there will be a 30 second delay. Will
>> >ademco instantly arm (no delay)
>> >

>> I've had issue with this before, the short answer is 'no'.
>>
>> It will work for zones programmed as 'peri', but not your peri delay
>> zones (and of course not the int zones).  The reason I guess is
>> because some users will want to instant arm (going on long vactions)
>> and still get out of the house.
>
>That is exactly the reason, you still haven't mentioned why you want to do
>this?

I'm not the one who wants to do this, but I'll reply anyway since I
assume the 'why' question was aimed at the OP.

The time it came up with one of my clients was because they wanted to
instant arm the system if they saw suspicious activity on their
property and wanted to protect themselves from a 'kick in' situation.
I wanted to supply a resolution, but could not.  Worse, now with CP-01
the system defaults to stay arming when no exit is tripped even though
the user designates instant arming and you have to make sure that
'feature' is turned off for some customers.