Re: napco ma1016e local communication

>> I think he was looking for a local computer hook up to his panel.
>> He only has a single phone line. Even though the PCI2000 acts to
>> keep the connection to the panel on line, and can be spoofed by
>> keeping a PSTN extension off hook, I don't see how it would work
>> locally with just a single phone line...

I didn't mean to imply that it can be done with a single phone line.

>> (without the PCI2000 with PCL2000). I am sure you could Mickey
>> Mouse around with the phone line and get a function 6 to work, but
>> that's a little silly.

Agreed.

>> Perhaps he could go to the neighbors house and call his panel? If
>> you have another trick up your sleeve perhaps you could share it?
>
> AND he wants to do it all without paying for anything else.

It's free if he has access to one of the old modems.  The price Napco
charges for their new modem isn't too bad if you do this all the time
but for a one-shot use it's not worth the money.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics