Re: napco ma1016e local communication

Some of the older Hayes Smartmodems work.  Instead of a PCD-2000,
connect a regular desk phone to the extra port on the modem.
Disconnect the curly cord from the handset but leave it on the hook.
When the connection is made take the phone off the hook.  That will
give the same effect as you'd get with the PCD-2000.

If you need more help, feel free to call.  The panel is out of
production but I still have manuals (no parts though).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics