Re: 110 VAC Fire Alarms

 The only reason I said I would do it for $100.00 was because since he only
had a total of 8 pull stations between the two buildings, and they all are
kinda close together, it wouldnt take me very long to activate each one and
let the bell ring, slap the information on the form and give it to him... It
could be done in about 30-45 min. I have a smaller system I test for $100.00
and it has a 1 zone panel, 2 pull stations, and 1 horn. Thats it. Now, the
other system that is kinda large, I charge by the hour.

I dont think filling out the form with this type of system would be much of
a liability on my part. All im doing to testing the system. I have not
installed anything or did any adjustments. Like someone said a few post
back,

There is no warranty either provided or implied for annual
tests/inspections.  Warranty only applies to those devices you supply as
"new" to a job.  Devices can fail at any time.  The manager has to
perform his monthly and daily tests (and maintain records of those
tests).  It's usually at this stage that you can document exactly when
the device in question "failed".

I should be ok...Anytime I do something that is a flat fee, I make sure I
get payment up front. Usually that is with someone who is a new customer. I
will only bill someone if I have worked with them in the past.

I hate to have to spend money sending out invoices tracking people down to
get money out of them.

On Dec 9, 1:50?pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
> > Roland Moore wrote:
> >> ?>Where "liability" comes into play is when you've tagged >off ?on
> >> something
> >> as "meeting spec" and it can be >demonstrated that it doesn't
> >> (negligence).
>
> >> It was not only that but if something doesn't work after the
> >> inspection, or
> >> fails a few weeks down the road, cheapskates like that will inevitably
> >> call
> >> up and insist your "fix" their problem for free "since it was working
> >> fine
> >> before your man touched it".
>
> > There is no warranty either provided or implied for annual
> > tests/inspections. ?Warranty only applies to those devices you supply as
> > "new" to a job. ?Devices can fail at any time. ?The manager has to
> > perform his monthly and daily tests (and maintain records of those
> > tests). ?It's usually at this stage that you can document exactly when
> > the device in question "failed".
>
> I should add that the "cheapskates" Roland mentions in his response
> wouldn't employ our services. ?They'd find some Nimrod to do it for the
> $100.00 (and they'd be welcome to the headache afterwards).- >

I've said it before.
Having no customer is better than having one who doesn't pay.