Re: DSC Power832

CH®IS wrote:
> Any liability would clearly be with the homeowner.  Naturally any
> issues a tech discovers should be discussed with the homeowner. After
> programming, a full system test would be the obvious next step
> (may as well throw out the CO detector, if I can't test it I don't
> trust it). > And $50 for 3 minutes of programming and another few minutes
> of
> testing on a defaulted 832?  Is it that hard to imagine?

Any liability would clearly be with the homeowner? You are very naive. The
liability would certainly rest with the last poor schmuck who worked on the
system. And no contract, remember, so my house go bye-bye.
And you are going to shitcan their CO detector? Expain that at the civil
trial while their attorney has your balls on the chopping block. And now you
are including a full system test. How much time do you imagine this little
programming mission will take?

Well, lets see...we drive to your house, let's say 1/2 hour. Your
programming time of three minutes is unrealistic, since the system would
need to be fully checked to see how the zones need to be configured so that
we know HOW to program the system, minimum 1/2 hour. Now we do the
programming, test the system, demonstrate it, another 1/2 hour minimum. This
is if all goes well of course, which it never does. Just after you finish
the demo to the Mrs., Mr. homeowner comes home and you'll need to do it
again. And when was the last time you went to reactivate an existing system
and everything worked perfectly? It doesn't happen that way, repairs and/or
adjustments will almost certainly need to be made, so another 1/2 hour,
minimum. Now I have a BARE MINIMUM of 2 hours invested in this project, have
assumed liability for the entire system, (no contract, remember), and all
for $50. Out of this, I pay for gasoline, service truck, vehicle, liability,
and E/O insurance, telephone, licensing, taxes, tools, etc.

> It's an 832 which sounds like it isn't monitored.  Arm it, set it
> off, make sure everything went into alarm, there ya go.

Sure, nothing to it, Skippy. What planet are you from?

js