DSC Power832

Hello! My recently purchased foreclosed home has a Power832 system
installed. To the best of my (limited) knowledge, I have a PC5580Z
keypad (photo here: http://flickr.com/photos/cdmwebs/441461942/in/set-72157600039220788/)
and a PC5010 control board. I had zero information on it, so I did
some Googling and found the installation manual, operating manual,
keypad manual and programming worksheet. This is all well and good so
far, but I've come to discover that the programming process seems to
be somewhat complex.

My setup seems pretty simple to me, three doors (front, back and
garage entry), garage attic, motion in living/dining common areas,
carbon monoxide detector and glass break in the garage. It's setup
like this:

Zone 01 - Front Door (Entry/Exit)
Zone 02 - Read Door
Zone 03 - Garage Entry Door
Zone 04 - Garage Attic Door
Zone 05 - Motion
Zone 06 - CO Detector
Zone 07 - Garage Glass Break
Zone 08 - Null

What is the bare minimum I need to program to get this working? The
programming worksheet has all kinds of stuff that I'm not even sure is
relevant.

Bonus: How hard would it be for me to upgrade the keypad to a newer
LCD version?

Thanks in advance, security system gurus!