110 VAC Fire Alarms

I was called to a potintial customer today. They needed their fire alarm
system tested. When I arrived, I found that it was 4 pull stations wired to
4 4" edwards 110VAC adaptabells.

The owner told me that they never needed it inspected before but now the
fire marshal was needing something showing it works. What do you guys do if
you run into this situation.

I have only seen this setup once and the fire marshal forced them to replace
the system since it was not supervised and it had no back up power.

Thanks for all replies......