Re: 110 VAC Fire Alarms

Test the system, use the NFPA72 Inspection and Testing form.
This will allow you to check boxes or write "None" to show that the system
is not supervised and has no back up power source.
Document that the system as installed works (or not as the case may be), and
note that it doesn't meet current code and consideration should be given to
upgrade the system to comply with current codes.

My advice would be not to replace the system without the approval of the
Fire Marshall as suggested by RLB, a 9 year old could give better advice
than that. It may well be that the end result will be the installation of a
new system but in most  jurisdictions you will have to submit blueprints and
calculations which will need to be approved by the City and/or the Fire dept
first and in most cases you will have to make the system comply with current
codes which may end a lot more involved and expensive than simply replacing
4 bells and installing a FACP.

Doug