Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

Doug wrote:

>The purpose of a business is to turn a profit, the purpose of a health care
>system is to care for peoples health. I don't beleive its possible to
>reconcile the two goals in a single entity.

Bingo.  The two goals are incompatible.  I hear doctors getting
frustrated all the time about this. They have to call some decision
maker halfway around the country and make a case to get funding for
procedures they need to perform.  Often times they don't get it and
have to cut the patient loose.

>In order for the insurance
>company to make a profit it has to weed out those who pose an unacceptable
>risk. A risk that is not neccesarily dependant on a persons lifestyle or
>behaviour.

They are the devil.  It would be interesting to hear any stories about
big insurance company employees getting denied services.