Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

>> Yes, but alarm companies are also at fault.  Neither
>> wants to spend a little extra to do it right.
>
> So I'M at fault now.

Did you do the job?

>>> You gotta let the chemo drugs wear
>>> off a bit before the stupid replies!
>>
>> Poking fun at someone for undergoing
>> treatment for cancer has to rank as about
>> the stupidest reply yet.  You've managed
>> to bring yourself down to Jiminex' level
>> because you can't debate an issue on the
>> merits.
>
> If anything, it's your level. You get what you give.

On the contrary, I've never done anything like that.
In fact, whenever anyone here has had a serious
illness (including Michael Sabodish) I've reached
out to them.  That's because I actually understand
the difference between life-threatening illness and
newsgroup arguments.  The former merit care and
decency.  The latter occasionally merit an argument
but never the kind of vicious filth some of your pals
have posted here.

>>> ...pay for how much you service you want.
>>
>> The difference is that cable TV companies offer
>> various service levels to every customer.  They
>> publish a list of offerings and let the customer
>> know what is available.  Most alarm companies
>> don't even mention daily test as an option.
>
> MOST alarm companies YOU know of...

I've been in this business for over 30 years.  That
is long enough to be familiar with the MO of many
alarm companies, good and bad.  By the way, how
many months ago did you get started?

> You're an CS expert now are you?...

I know how to run a CS and (mors importantly)
how to avoid a lot of the problems like the
one which started this thread.  Unfortunately,
it appears many here either don't know or
don't care how to reduce false dispatches.

>> Furthermore, I believe that daily test and Caller
>> ID monitoring should be included at no extra
>> cost to help solve this kind of problem, among
>> others.
>
> Believe whatever the hell you want and we'll
> conduct our business the way we want...

Who is this we you're going on about.  You're
not in charge of anything.

> As you've said in the past, no one here and
> nothing anyone does or says will make you
> change the way you do business and conduct
> yourself, so do you really think your opion of
> anyone will have on them. No way.

I don't give a rat's jiminex how much you screw
your customers.  Keep it up.  You'll only drive
more of them away.  Companies like mine are
happy to give them better service.

>> Central stations charge dealers between $2 and
>> $7 per month for each account.  Dealers then
>> mark the service up to $25-$0 per month and
>> resell it to end users.
>
> So what? I can't make money off services I
> sell? You're just mad because you can no
> longer do the same.

Not at all.  First of all, I'm not angry.  Your kind
of customer abuse only helps my business grow.
Second, I make a better living since selling my
alarm company and developing the online DIY
store.  It also gives me the freedom to travel
more, working from both continents and make
my own hours.  I don't suggest others do the
same though.  For one thing, you'd need to
know a lot more about alarms and associated
technology just to handle tech support.  Then
you'd need to learn how to build a website.

> Customers are only left in a lurch if they deal
> with you...

This customer who got screwed wasn't mine.
He was the victim o a professional alarm installer.
I notice you've gotten very defensive about this.
Was it you?

>> As Leuck pointed out, 800 number costs are
>> not the problem.  When a large CS runs several
>> T1 lines, the cost per call is a fraction of a cent.
>> On a monthly basis it's not even a dollar per
>> account.
>
> It's still not feel idiot. Do you understand the
> concept of FREE? Appartently not.

Huh?  Would you like to try that again?

>>> And I don't really care how you USED to do it.
>>
>> And yet you try to argue about that very subject.
>> Seems you care very much.  :^)
>
> Sigh, I'm dealing with a mental midget.

You wish.

>>> If your CS was as good as you say - and we all
>>> know how truthful you are - you would have sold
>>> it and made enough money to take a permanent
>>> vacation in Brasil.
>>
>> I did sell it.  The business wasn't large enough to
>> retire though.  However, I manage to make two or
>> three trips a year to Brasil.  We have a second
>> home there.  I'll be down again this fall fishing in
>> the Amazon forest.  Hope you're doing as well.
>
> I'm doing great avoiding Brasil, braggert.

Glad to hear it.  Maybe you can do something with
some small portion of your profits to actually protect
your vict... er, customers.

>>> But obviously that's not the case. You don't
>>> monitor alarms anymore and that's a fact you
>>> can't deny, although I'm sure you will.
>>
>> Why would I deny it?  I sold the central station
>> and all the accounts with it.  That's no secret.
>> One of the nicest things about *not* running a
>> central station any more is that I have the freedom
>> to travel whenever I like.  In the old days we hardly
>> ever took a vacation and when we did it was never
>> more than a week.  Now I bring my laptop and a
>> VoIP phone to Brasil, plug them in and I'm able
>> to work a few hours each day, staying there for
>> several months if I like.
>
> Oh I'm so impressed...

There's nothing to be impressed about.  It's just my
alarm business and it works for me and my customers.
Too bad you can't seem to understand how to help
yours.

> Not quite as impressed as I was this morning for
> my dog's first shit on the lawn this morning...

Nice to know what makes you happy.

> And don't take my non response as an indication
> I don't care about continuing this thread. Oh yea.....
> I don't.

Awe, gee.

--

Regards,