Re: Dual Tech motion detectors with dual relay outputs ?

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:52:41 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<cl6hc39pp23d9jph7pnup5tvpkh1qsqp5k@xxxxxxx>:

>I'm looking for PIR + microwave (dual tech) motion detectors that separate
>have outputs for both the PIR and microwave detectors. It would be OK for
>the microwave not to be energized until after the PIR detects motion (in
>other words, the two outputs could be PIR and (PIR+uWave) rather than PIR
>and uWave).
>
>My application is for using the same device for both lighting path
>automation (which needs to be fast but which for false detections are not
>major problem) and intrusion security (for which immunity from false
>detection is important).
>
>The closest I've found are some Rokonet iWISE detectors
>
>http://www.riscogroup.com/Products.aspx?subcatid=152&id=12
>
>that have "Green Line for disabling the MW when the building is occupied"
>and  separate LEDs for walk-testing that might allow me to solder on
>comparators to close relays when the LEDs light. I'd prefer something
>pre-built though.  Two separate NO or NC relays would be ideal.

I received a Bosch DS835Ti. These are moderately priced, widely available,
small, and presumably 'Pretty Good Dual Tech detectors.

It has a bi-color LED  that goes green when PIR fires, yellow for uWave and
is red when both LEDs are lit, when the relay is also activated. The three
LED traces (+1, +2 and GND) on the PCB are immediately next to where the
two-position screw connector block for the tamper connection would go (the
DS835iT has tamper, the DS8335i has the same PCB but no block). So it's a
simple matter to re-purpose the tamper position and solder in two more
screw connector terminals. I will probably solder in pulldown resistors and
a LM393 'dead-spider'-fashion in order to buffer the inputs and bring the
outputs up to the 13.8vdc supply.

So the "Intrusion" system will conventionally use the built-in relay of
high-mounted DS835Ti.

And the "Occupancy" sensing for 'lighting path' will separately report both
the uWave and PIR from the DS835Ti's .

I will then supplement the "Occupancy" system with additional downward
firing Visonic Spy 4 PIR's in well-chosen locations.

Thanks to all ...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org