Re: Dual Tech motion detectors with dual relay outputs ?

On Aug 25, 12:40?pm, Marc_F_Hult <MFH...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I received a Bosch DS835Ti. These are moderately priced, widely available,
> small, and presumably 'Pretty Good Dual Tech detectors.
>
> It has a bi-color LED  that goes green when PIR fires, yellow for uWave and
> is red when both LEDs are lit, when the relay is also activated. The three
> LED traces (+1, +2 and GND) on the PCB are immediately next to where the
> two-position screw connector block for the tamper connection would go (the
> DS835iT has tamper, the DS8335i has the same PCB but no block). So it's a
> simple matter to re-purpose the tamper position and solder in two more
> screw connector terminals. I will probably solder in pulldown resistors and
> a LM393 'dead-spider'-fashion in order to buffer the inputs and bring the
> outputs up to the 13.8vdc supply.
>
> So the "Intrusion" system will conventionally use the built-in relay of
> high-mounted DS835Ti.
>
> And the "Occupancy" sensing for 'lighting path' will separately report both
> the uWave and PIR from the DS835Ti's .
>
> I will then supplement the "Occupancy" system with additional downward
> firing Visonic Spy 4 PIR's in well-chosen locations.
>
> Thanks to all ...Marc
> Marc_F_Hultwww.ECOntrol.org- Hide quoted text -

You didn't ask, but if I were doing this and it were a "home" project,
I'd be using two "completely different" technologies choosing one each
from each of the following 3: ..... motion, photo beam and stress
sensor.

That is, ....... I wouldn't use two from the same technology.