Re: Oh Sh** Moment

On Aug 23, 4:57 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I was up in an attic yesterday and just finished pulling a wire behind a
> > knee wall, when my foot slipped off the joist and went to the knee thro=
ugh
> > the living room ceiling.
>
> > On the positive side, it was a smooth ceiling so i won't have to try to
> > match a popcorn ceiling.
>
> I had a similar experience in a condo in CT many years ago except I went =
in up to my hips.  One of my techs was working nearby and
> heard me yell.  He came running and had a great laugh at the sight of my =
legs dangling through the ceiling.

> The customer had assured me that all the plywood flooring in the attic wa=
s screwed down.  I stepped on one piece that wasn't.  It
> was a bathroom ceiling.  I hired a drywall guy to replace the ceiling and=
 repaint it.  Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.

> The client was out of the country at the time.  I finished the installati=
on and left a note explaining what had happened.  The
> drywaller did such a good job that the client said he couldn't tell anyth=
ing had been done.  Other than a couple of bruised elbows
> and a little $$ loss, it worked out OK.  The lesson learned was never to =
believe anyone about attic flooring.  :)

> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-925-8650
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota =B7 Florida =B7 34233http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Well, I glad to see you survived your bout with lung cancer.
I see you still like to tell tall tales though. I thought ceiling
studs down there were on 24 inch centres, no way you would have
stopped at the hips, in fact, I'm surprised they didn't find you in
the basement.