Re: Oh Sh** Moment

> Well, I glad to see you survived your bout with lung cancer.

Thanks.  Me, too.

> I see you still like to tell tall tales though. I thought
> ceiling studs down there were on 24 inch centres,
> no way you would have stopped at the hips, in fact,
> I'm surprised they didn't find you in the basement.

Down where?  I installed in CT.  That's quite a bit
north of Sarasota.  They're not called studs.  Studs
are the vertical members in walls.  They're joists and
most were 12" or 16" on center.  Joists below a
working floor (i.e., people will be walking above) are
usually 12" on center.  Wall studs are usually 16"
on center.  I think in some cases you could set
attic joists at 24" but I don't recall seeing them so.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics