Re: AC Smoke interconnection

Robert L Bass wrote:

> I checked with Gentex and also read their data sheet
> and installation manual.  I'm surprised you didn't do
> the same.  I'm also surprised you weren't aware that
> UL 217 is not the applicable standard for smokes
> connected to a control panel.

To a listed fire alarm panel, yes...  This is a burglar alarm panel.
Such "beasts" are normally not installed to the same standard as a fire
alarm system.  You keep quoting code issues that reference *fire alarm
systems*.  Where in the code does it state that connecting a smoke alarm
to a burglar alarm panel makes it a fire alarm panel?  Where, "Mr. Bass"??

And what about this code??

NFPA 72-2002 11.7.6.7  Installations that include the connection of
single or multiple-station alarms with other input or output devices,
such as but not limited to relay modules, remote signaling devices,
phone dialers, security panels, heat detectors, and manual pull
stations, shall be permitted, providing that an open or short circuit of
the wiring leading to these input or output devices does not prevent
normal operation of the single or multiple-station alarm.