Re: AC Smoke interconnection

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Cwnui.16780$J13.16286@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> The only one I know of, that is a complete UL
>> approved unit, is the Gentex 9120F 120 vac/9vdc
>> Photoelectric smoke alarm with piezo. It has a
>> pair of wires for an external alarm system.
>
> Be careful.  The Gentex 9000 series smoke alarms
> are NOT LISTED for use with an alarm control panel.
> The system, if these were connected, would not
> comply with applicable UL and NFPA standards.
> If the inspector finds it he may refuse to issue a CO
> until the components are replaced and correct
> wiring is installed.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =============================>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-925-8650
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota · Florida · 34233
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> =============================>

I have one in front of me for review.
and it is UL 217 listed in Category UTHA.

My only concern is that the wires would be in an
electrical box, which would not be accessable
by a Florida low voltage alarm licenseholder.

Where are you getting the info that it is not listed
for use with an alarm panel? None of the paperwork
I received addresses that issue.

Norm Mugford

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html