ademco 5241 repair

Lurker here. I recently picked up an Ademco 1023 (yes I know its old and not
feature rich) to alert me when my shed is tampered with. Only one door and
one window. The system works fine, the only problem is the key pad does not
want to work at all...If I use a key switch, no problems!!!. I am guessing
that the hard wired code setting system of plug in wires is the culprit.
But, upon opening the keypad up fully, I see a very old ribbon cable printed
with conductors on a plastic base. Anyone know how to clean the ribbon cable
and/or hard wire code connections. Or would it be better to just hard wire
(read solder) all the connections?????? or does anyone have a 5241 for sale.
Or is there a replacement newer keypad that would work??????

Thanks in advance...

bob in phx...