Re: Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

On Jul 31, 10:35 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry I don't understand your question. I have about
> > 30-35 doors and windows. Each door and window
> > has a magnetic switch already install.  This is new
> > construction. Each uses two conductors so actually
> > that's maybe 70 or so conductors. ADT actually
> > expects me to pay $35 to connect the two conducts
> > up to the circuit board for each and every door and
> > window. That's $1000-$1200. This could not talk two
> > hours to do and they want over $1k??? Oh, maybe
> > it's the series resistor that cost so much??? (That
> > was a joke).
>
> $35 per sensor just to connect the wires to the panel?
> If I understand you correctly, there's little for ADT to do.
> Even if they test every sensor afterward, the whole job
> is still less than 2 hours' work.  You'd be better off
> buying a panel, installing it yourself and having one of
> the discount monitoring firms like 911alarm.com do
> the monitoring.  You can buy a new (non-ADT) control
> panel, use the existing keypads and all your wiring for
> less than $180.
>
> Hook it up yourself and have it monitored for about
> $12 a month.  Even after paying for a new panel you'll
> be way ahead the first year and you won't get ripped
> off with excessive labor fees.
>
> > I thought ADT was a good company...
>
> ADT *corporate* is usually OK.  ADT also has so-called
> "authorized dealers".  These are independent alarm
> companies who have an agreement to sell their monitoring
> accounts to ADT.  They use ADT's name and logo.
> They're supposed to indicate clearly that they are not
> ADT itself but many times they fail to do so.  There have
> been hundreds of complaints from victims of these
> authorized dealers who pull every kind of scam in the
> book.  Your problem with this dealer is fairly common.
> The salesman will promise anything to get the signature
> on the multi-year monitoring contract.
>
> > The salesmen knew I didn't want to pay his company
> > another $1k or so but evidently he sold me the system
> > knowing very well that ADT will die before they will
> > every give up any info for me to do this...
>
> What you want is of little to no importance to the
> salesman.  He got what he wanted -- the commission
> for getting your signature on that agreement.  Cancel the
> contract based on the misleading sales pitch.  File a
> complaint with your state's licensing agency.
>
> If you want help on this call me.  I cater to DIYers who
> want to install or service their own alarm systems so
> I'm not without bias in this area.  You've probably
> noticed how "helpful" most professional alarm installers
> are in this newsgroup.  Many work for or own companies
> that do the exact same things to their customers that
> ADT did to you.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-925-8650
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> [...]
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Robert you are the ONLY one not an asshole or who wasted my time. What
is with these losers? Don't they have girlfriends. They spend all
their time second guessing everyone and talking shit about what they
know nothing about. Why are they handling on an alarm group? Trying to
meet girls???  Other morons say that $1200 for two hours work by ADT
is a "good deal". I am amazed!! I guess My Space must have kicked them
off, uh?  I will contact you. I'm also confident I will get out of
this deal with ADT. ADT is a joke. In most industries the larger
company tend not to rip you off. It doesn't take a scientist to put in
an alarm, notwithstanding the geniuses posting here lately.   --thanks