Re: Should I install Sonitrol Alarm System , want advice yes or no

"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:461d51b1$0$5608$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Same here, but Bush killed more Americans than Al Quaida.
>
> Over the top comments have no real meaning.

The comment was not over the top.  It is a truthful
statement.  Bush has sent over 3,200 American
soldiers to their deaths for no purpose other than
to satisfy his ego.  Some more cynical folks might
say that he did it to raise the price of oil in order
to enrich himself and his cronies.  I don't think
the man is *that* evil.   He's just incredibly stupid
and arrogant -- an extremely dangerous combination
for someone in power.

> I can say that I personally appreciate all that
> the members of the Military are sacrificing...

Oh, please!  Do not try to equate agreeing with
Bush to supporting our troops or appreciating
their sacrifice.  If you want to show them your
support, vote for people who will bring them
home.  It is neither patriotic nor supportive to
send our young people to die for nothing.

The last time a US president pulled something
this stupid was during the Vietnam war.  They
lied to us about it then, too, claiming we were
winning the war as well as the "hearts and
minds" of the Vietnamese people.  In fact, we
were despised by the vast majority of the
Vietnamese for destroying their country.

Just like today, the president told us that we
had to fight them (it was Communism then
but today it's Islamic terrorism) over there or
we would face them over here.  Yeah, right!
We left.  Vietnam fell to the commies.  Now
they're supposedly becomming our ally.

The truth of the matter is that we are not
only losing the war in Iraq just as we did in
Vietnam.  We are making matters infinitely
worse because (unlike Vietnam) Bush has
now enraged millions more Muslims who
might never have endorsed terrorism to
the point where far more horrific attacks
than 911 are a virtual certainty.

I probably won't be around to see what's
coming but I'd like to think we at least tried
to leave something better for my children
and theirs.

> I'll reserve judgment to see what the
> History Channel says in 20+ years about
> the efforts there.

Perhaps they'll tell the story of Bush's,
Cheney's and Rove's indictments for crimes
against humanity.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass