Milhouse Van Houten wrote:

> Mark Leuck wrote:
>

>>"Milhouse Van Houten" <none@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>much

>>>No shit... But we are outside of the normal cycle.  Didn't you see all
>>>Al's pretty line charts?
>>
>>I was too busy looking at his bloated gut, looked like he could have
>>ingested most of those carbon offsets
>>

> Oh.. So you're one of those that watches the news and at the end can
> only comment about how that red dress made the weather lady look fat?

Ahem... my weather lady "Never" looks fat...

>>>As you should... But this one is not some fabrication.
>>
>>So this is a different false and biased report? How unusual
>

> This report should be looked at seriously, not mocked.  What is your
> problem?  Do you think it is all bullshit?  Is it some kind of
> conspiracy?  What are your objections?

>>>Which part did you think was fiction?
>>
>>It would be easier to point out the 2 or 3 things that weren't
>

> Then name them.  I'll send you the movie in .mpeg format just in case
> you need to study it again.
>

>>>Of course he did some political jabbing - but he got back to the
>>>point.  No one is going to be able to convince me that burning fossil
>>>fuels is not adversely affecting our environment.  The big issue now
>>>is that all that pollution is causing a global climate change that is
>>>*unnatural* - that is NOT part of the shifts that occur all by
>>>themselves.
>>
>>Which nobody seem to be able to prove, ever notice Al doesn't debate real
>>environmentalists on the other side?
>>

>>>I realize that the planet goes though massive changes.. From ice ages
>>>to scorched Earth, naturally.  This emergency we face today is caused
>>>by combustion emissions, deforestation, toxic waste mismanagement, and
>>>just plain old apathy about our environment.
>>
>>Got any proof? All doesn't either
>

> Al provided the proof in the movie.  Remember the chart of CO vs. Temp
> and how it was directionally proportional.

Co2 follows warmer temperatures.

>>boring
>>
>>>It was boring compared to 24 and Deadliest Catch.  But that's not the
>>>point.  I watch the Discovery mini-series "Planet Earth" every Sunday
>>>since it started a few weeks ago.  It's "boring", but extremely
>>>interesting too <--- 'oxymoron' defined.
>>
>>Well you got the moron part right
>

> ah ha
>

>>>I think the problem is apathy, combined with ignorance that allows
>>>your ilk to continue downplaying the seriousness of this situation.
>>>Wake up man - this ain't going away.
>>
>>Apathy eh? Okay so you've changed your lifestyle how exactly?
>

> I consolidate my trips in the truck to travel less.  I installed a
> programmable thermostat.  I don't subscribe to papers I don't need -
> (considering un subscribing to all the trade mags that make a huge
> paper footprint).  Installed a few CF light bulbs.  Recycle wire,
> papers, and cans.
>

> What do you do?

I'm installing central air conditioning, and then I'm putting window
units in every window - backwards.

By running all the window units at their highest setting all the time
I'll turn this warming trend around.

(the central air is to negate all the heat coming off of the backs of
those damned things)