Re: Notifier

news:1175746176.914769.191430@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Anyway. I stated this back when CID came into popular use. CID simply
> gives installers an excuse to not test their programing and
> installation and gives them an "out" from having to understand
> something. I find it unique and I'm kind of gratified that with VoIP,
> the old standby 4/2 is the more reliable format. So much for
> "progress".

In my opinion you are incorrect about not needing to test, from what I see
that is format agnostic and much more of a problem with 4/2 and undefined
signals.

You may have a point about people not understanding the reporting process
however compare that to not knowing how to use a sliderule and protractor
since the advent of calculators, it ends up being something that isn't
really required anymore unless you are dealing with old equipment..

And yes 4/2 works better for VoIP however I wouldn't trust any format with
that