Re: Notifier

On Mar 31, 9:07?am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Sheesh..dunno what freekin catagory I'd fit into...Radx, DMP AND Ademco...an
> elite trunkslammer I guess??
> I gotta go make an appointment for therapy now.
> At least I don't do Napco.

Well I guess we all can only aspire to attaining a certain high level
in product quality and capability. ;->

I've been using them for so long now, it's really hard for me to see
what all the negativity about them is about. 25/30 years ago, their
method of programing was really very logical and worked well for the
simple panels back then. What could be simpler then counting in
binary? They just didn't project how that style of programing was
going to get so cumbersome as the panel options reached into the
hundreds.  And they also underestimated how many would take so long
just to figure out how to open a laptop, much less use one.

I think other than the fact that they're almost bullet proof (1632 on
up) it' s not that one will regularly use all the functions and
capabilities of the panels, it's just such a confidence thing knowing
that no matter what the client asks for or ever ..... asks for, you
can do it.

I will say one thing. Once you learn how to program a Napco panel, all
the others are like baby talk. It's only a matter of learning the
mfg's jargon.