Re: Notifier

> I think other than the fact that [Napco panels
> are] almost bullet proof (1632 on up) it' s not
> that one will regularly use all the functions
> and capabilities of the panels, it's just such
> a confidence thing knowing that no matter
> what the client asks for or ever ..... asks for,
> you can do it.

While Jim and I may disagree on many subjects,
this is one where we are in complete agreement.
With 67 different options selectable on a per-
zone basis, Napco's larger panels are the most
configurable on the market, hands down.

In addition a wealth of security and communication
options, Napco's Gemini P3200 and P9600 boards
have a powerful scheduling features.  The panels
auto-arm on schedule, throw relays and send
lighting control signals based on time of day, day
of week, date of month, week of month, etc.  User
codes can be enabled and disabled on schedule
to permit a sitter or maid to enter only when
authorized.

With a little ingenuity, events (door opening, motion
detected, system arming, etc) can be combined with
pre-scheduled occurrences in complex AND, OR
and NOR logic.

> I will say one thing. Once you learn how to
> program a Napco panel, all the others are like
> baby talk. It's only a matter of learning the
> mfg's jargon.

I've taught hundreds of DIYers to program Napco
Gemini panels.  One recent visitor to this
newsgroup was having trouble with his system.
He purchased the hardware (PCI-MINI) and Napco
provided software so that he could diagnose and
correct some issues with the system.

I do agree that Napco's P9600 and P3200 are
more complicated to program than most. Fortunately
Napco's latest version of Quickloadr(tm) software
makes it easy to walk someone through the
procedure, even over the phone.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass