Re: Notifier

On Apr 4, 10:50?pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> attracting?....they're already here.
>
> i'm doing a remodel now...all smokes are homerun on...Cat3...nice eh? the
> house is a concrete flat top so there's no way to rerun anything. I'll show
> you a pic of the freekin panel...what a disaster. They ran 4 conductor to
> everything they bothered to cover (hardly any windows) but then beaned off
> the spares in the wall and only drilled 1/4" holes for the contact
> wires...so like why would you do that?...the beaned off conductors were in
> the same circuit, so all they effectively did was double the wire resistance
> of each run.
>
> alarm panel disaster of the monthhttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/elrobo/stupidalarms/0318071448.jpg
>
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> | On Apr 4, 9:40?am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>| wrote:
>
> | > alarmlife shouldn't be so complicated
> | >

> | It's the challange that attracts.
> |
> | Without it, it aint worth it.
> |
> | Every day is a new puzzle to figure out. Every job a new riddle. The
> | very reason retirement isn't in the picture for me.
> |
> | If you dumb everything down it's a sure invitation to attracting dumb
> | technicians into the trade.

Yeah, you're right. I mistated that.
It should have read     attract ... " more "

Anyway. I stated this back when CID came into popular use. CID simply
gives installers an excuse to not test their programing and
installation and gives them an "out" from having to understand
something. I find it unique and I'm kind of gratified that with VoIP,
the old standby 4/2 is the more reliable format. So much for
"progress".