Re: store system w 4-8 cameras ?

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:41:57 GMT, Matt Ion <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Yeah, just keep in mind this thread started about wanting a setup for a small
>mom-and-pop store.  They don't need or want a $50,000 industrial-stength video
>system.

That type of application is exactly what most embedded DVR's are made
for.  An Intellex EDVR or a GE SDVR would be a better product for most
customers.  I guess home built DVR's are sort of like kit cars or
homemade airplanes.  Maybe they'll work okay, but most people want a
purpose built machine and a warranty/ service plan from a reputable
company.  How does someone get a loaner or an advance replacement on a
homebuilt DVR?