Re: Using garage door safety beams

Welp this gadget is cool...it has an adjustable timer in each PIR you can
set a window of time from 0 (trips every 0 seconds) to 3 minutes, so kids
running around the garage can sorta be adjusted for...or you can turn off
the main reciever and only use it when you want. It's pretty slick. I'm
gonna order a few more for clients I know will want them.

<lowtech87501@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|I agree, I have a Liftmaster and would love to have the safteyy beam
| tied into a chime that could simply go off when the beam was broken.
| We have lots of neighborhood kids that play with our kids (ie 5 years
| old).  I just want to know when someone walks through the garage, but I
| don't want a motion sensor that's going to go off all the time.  No
| muss no fuss.  I don't care if it falses on our cats.  Also they are
| mounted low because the safety beams are for small kids, not cars.  My
| relay only clicks the first time, when the lights turn on.  They then
| stay on for several minutes with no relay action.  It just seems such a
| waste not to use the safety beam that is already there.
|
| > "Group-Moderator" <GroupModerator@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |

http://www.optexamerica.com/products/prodpage.cfm?product=wireless1000
| > |